Saturday, November 19, 2005

Rainchains


So we need to get rain gutters. Our old ones were removed when the house was painted. I wasn't too excited about them until I heard about copper rainchains. Rainchains are used in Japan instead of downspouts and they are really pretty when the water flows down them. I have just purchased 4 of them- 2 for the front of the house and 2 for the back. While not historic in the US, I figure that the Arts and Crafts movement has a lot of Japanese influence so why not... I found mine at Cherry Blossom Gardens. They are based on an old design from Japan. http://www.cherryblossomgardens.com/arain.asp

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. P in Jackson said...

Those rain chains are beautiful. I've never heard of them before.

3:08 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Those are gorgeous! I'm glad you posted about them - I've never seen them before.

I will have to add those to my mental list of things to do before repainting the exterior.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Lietta Ruger said...

I've seen rain chains which are literally chains, but what you found is far more appealing. Thank you for posting and sharing. I'll be on the look out now for rain Cup chains as replacements to our traditional gutters.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home